What is LIOGO ?
LIOGO is a Logo compiler for .NET.
Logo is an interactive programming language mainly used for learning. First,
Logo is really good for drawing because in Logo you draw using a "turtle" that
you must teach what you want to draw. Logo is also a powerful dynamic
programming language: you can build a fully new program in your Logo program
using lists and variables. Finally, Logo has an active community of teachers,
artists and developer.
Most notable features of LIOGO are:
- Framework of more than 200 Logo procedures,
- Turtle graphics Framework,
- Compile to EXE or dynamically loadable DLL,
- Liogo can call any .NET Assembly using any .NET language (C#, VB.NET,
- Use Logo variable scope (called can see calling variable),
- Include Logo dynamic operation (RUN, MAP, INVOKE, FOREACH, ...),
- Multi-thread core,
- Multi OS Support: Windows and Linux,
- Localization of structural element, framework
- OLE Automation interface to call Liogo from Excel, VBScript, ...
- Totally Free and Open Source (under GPL License).
Join the Logo experience with LIOGO: go to the Liogo Tutorial.
2012-04-28: Liogo 0.4.1 is now available.
Thanks to Stephan Vogel, Liogo has now full support of German (both in messages and commands).
2007-12-24: Liogo 0.4 is now available.
Liogo 0.4 provides several great enhancements:
- LIOGOI is now a full window program mixing graphics and command line on
the same window. Both parts are customizable in size and colours. A real
turtle shape is used as turtle by default.
- Several graphics commands was added to handle images or drawing labels,
- LIOGO now support arrays and multi-dimension arrays,
- LIOGO now comes with an OLE Automation Interface. So you could use Liogo
from any OLE enabled application or environnement like Excel or VBScript.
See OLE Tutorial for more,
- A full reference describes all existing commands with a
description and parameters meaning.
- LIOGO is now localized both at message level and at language level. English and french are supported today.
I hope you'll enjoy this new release and
I'm waiting for your feedbacks.
For more news on Liogo, go to the
project News page or subscribe to the RSS Feeds .
LIOGO - GPL Copyright (c) 2005-2012 Lionel Laské